Poultry Health Today unveils new tools for saving content, creating custom reports
Poultry Health Today — the industry’s only news website focused on flock health and welfare — has added new tools that allow registered users to bookmark favorites, save items for later viewing and create and share customized reports containing multiple articles and videos.
The colorful website also features new design elements to make it even easier to read, navigate and share information. In addition, users can now access the site’s new pork-industry edition, Pig Health Today.
“Every month thousands of people worldwide log on Poultry Health Today to learn about the latest ideas and innovations for managing disease and producing wholesome, safe poultry,” says editor Joseph Feeks.
“We think the new tools will make the site even more valuable to our loyal, rapidly growing base of free subscribers.”
- My PHT — Register on the site (top right corner) and get free access to new tools that let you bookmark “favorites” for future reference and save items for later reading/viewing. You can also create custom reports on specific topics — e.g., “New ideas for managing IBD” or “Making the move to antibiotic-free”— featuring multiple articles and videos. You can then print it or share it via email, text message or social media. You can also add your photo.
- Clean (but still sticky) header — We’ve tidied up the website’s header so there’s more white space and no clutter at the top of each page. It’s now easier to move between the US and Global editions, as well as between Poultry Health Today and its new sister website, Pig Health Today. The “Search” field is larger than before. We’ve also kept the popular translate feature (“Select Language”) and PHT’s “sticky” header, which remains in place as you scroll.
- Follow Us — Find the most popular social media tools by clicking on the new “Follow Us” flag at the top of any page. We’ve also added Flipboard to the mix, which allows users to create their own magazine.
- More Topics — The expanded Topics menu in the light gray navigation bar makes it easier to find information on specific diseases and other poultry-health subjects.
- Top Views — Click on this menu to see this week’s most popular news items.
- More Tools tab — Click on the blue “More Tools” tab on the right side of any page to discover more of PHT’s hidden gems.
- Redesigned editorial boxes — We’ve moved the headline to the top of each box and color-coded the boxes and mouse-over text by topic.
- Smart Print — Look for the green Smart Print icon at the top of any article to create a user-friendly PDF file that can be printed or shared.
- PHT Special Reports — Poultry Health Today editors regularly produce special reports on timely poultry-management topics. You can access them in the “hamburger” menu in the top right corner.
- VFD News Center (US edition) — Poultry Health Today’s heavily traveled VFD News Center now has a new home in the Topics section. Go here for news and updates on FDA’s new veterinary feed directive rules.
Poultry Health Today is sponsored exclusively by of Zoetis, a leading developer of vaccines, feed additives, biodevices, diagnostics and food-safety products for the world poultry industry.